Here's something new let's give it a try



Hello and welcome to The Edinburgh Rugby Blog by The Burgh Watch.

This will be my solo venture into the world of blogging controlled by me alone and almost entirely Edinburgh based.

There will be match reports.

Although I'm hoping to do something a little different with those. Anyone can write a match report. You know how they go. Player A scores. Player B has a good offload. Player C messed up that kick. Its all very formulaic. Instead I'd like to take a sideways view of a match. Perhaps focus on one player or on a specific aspect of the game, we will see where the mood takes us.

But what I won't be doing is sitting watching the game at first run with my laptop because I want to enjoy the rugby as a fan. The instant match report on final whistle I'll leave to excellent sources like The Offside Line. 

There will be stats.

Lists of tries scored. Charts showing average points scored. Time on field stats. If you can add it up I'll try and do it.

There will be opinion.

There will be mostly opinion. If you saw the columns I produced for the now sadly gone Scrum Magazine then you'll know what to expect here. Whats gone wrong. Whats gone right. What does the future hold. What does expansion of the PRO14 mean for Edinburgh and so on. When time allows I may well post some of those as archive material, perhaps with additional comment to give them historical context.

I may waver but as I said at the start this is the Edinburgh Rugby Blog and the intention is to focus on that. If I post about The Lions it will be in light of which, if any, Edinburgh players may be included. If I post about Scotland it will be to moan that they've taken 25 Edinburgh players for the latest squad.

There may even be some politics because sport and politics are, however much we may dislike it, closely intertwined. Again, when I do introduce those kinds of topics they will be given an Edinburgh slant

The wider issues and chat about all that may be wrong with rugby? I'll leave that to others. 


Comments